Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mind over matter

When Leicestershire skipper Jeremy Snape wrote a piece for Wisden on why Steve Harmison bowled that delivery in Brisbane, I thought he was pretty much on the money (a comparison not to be made with GBH's wide).
What I didn't know was that Snape, a former Gloucestershire player of some repute, has a sports Masters in psychology and has just been asked by the ICC to help out some of the minnow countries currently playing in Kenya.
Good luck to him. As part of a winning Gloucestershire side when they seemed to win everything before them, he should know what he's talking about.
I lived close to him when I was a student at Bristol and used to see this baldy man come out of his house, get into his nice sponsored car and whizz off to the County Ground. County pros and students were one of a kind I used to think - lots of hanging around during the day.