Monday, April 30, 2007

The Final fiasco and Dwayne's back

I am still pondering that World Cup Final you know. Speaking to a few colleagues out here and the same thing sweeps over them, too. How can five officials get it so wrong?

Anyway, I managed to clear my head after the Final to do another podcast direct from the ground. Click here to listen to Podcast 17. I deal with the show chronologically for this show. I start at 6am by speaking to my taxi driver, then it's both sets of fans before hearing from Percy, Sri Lank's most-loved cricket supporter, who always has a story each time I meet him. And Mike Gatting gives us some ranting to end the show. The best is saved until last, as I bump into our man Dwayne Leverock. We were going to the press conference when I spotted this look-a-like in a XXL Bermuda shirt. On closer inspection it was Dwayne. After Bermuda were knocked out, he rested his tweaking arm and has been holidaying around the islands which culminated in watching the World Cup Final.