Monday, April 09, 2007

Vasbert predicts 400














As the international media in Antigua were playing a beach cricket match against a Viv Richards select outfit, I went along to a Legends game of the same variety in Barbados. Vasbert Drakes, Joel "Big Bird" Garner, Collis King etc all turned up Barbados time as the match finally got under way. It was so relaxed and un-corporate like that I nearly forgot I was mixing with some past greats of the game. And what a nice man Vasbert Drakes is. I never thought I would be talking about Hayward's Heath out here but Drakes used to play for Sussex and he is a top man as well. He reckons that the refurbished Kensington Oval will see 400 runs on its wicket before the tournament is out. And speaking to the ground staff today at the Oval only confirms this.