Saturday, April 29, 2006

World Classic Final

So the inaugural Cricket Classic in Bermuda has finished.

I did a report for Cricinfo on the tournament which you can read here. Bermuda is a great destination for this kind of tournament; laid back, good facilities, warm weather but the beer is still expensive.

One of the week's highlights was the sight of Bermuda's star bowler (of spin) Dwayne Leverock. Weighing in at 19 stone he is the character of the team and will no doubt get some press come the World Cup next year, such is his stature.

I spoke to organiser and former cricketer Keith Pont throughout the tournament and all being well there will be an annual fixture for the legends. I'm not sure if I hold as much faith to be honest, even though I will be writing only positive thoughts for its future.

Anyway, read all about my week here with the posts below.