Saturday, February 17, 2007

An absolute Jaffa

It's great news for the coming summer. McVitie's Jaffa cakes, the popular chocolate biscuit with the incredibly soft centre, has teamed up with England as the official energy snack of the team.

According to the ECB, Jaffa cakes are "eaten by sportsmen and women due to the high-energy credentials and the fact each cake has only 1g of fat." McVitie's Jaffa cakes are also a licensed FA product with England, meaning the cricket deal leaves me one option: I will now be eating quantities of Jaffa's due to advertising.

I haven't actually seen any cricketers or footballers eat the cakes yet, and this high-energy thing makes no sense to me as I usually eat them having kicked back on the sofa with a cup of tea.

Anyway, here's an authoritative reason why sports people eat them.